Sunday 31 December 2006

Oh I've Not Lost It... Barcelona Part I

Aye, as Peter Kay once said, I've not lost it. This will be my 3rd proper go at a serious game in FM since I got it 6 days ago. I'm only onto my 4th pre-season game against Trabsozspor and I am yet I have a warm fuzzily feeling about this one. Its an easy opponent but yet again I'm kicking bot. Its now finished, 5-2 the score. Overall a great performance. Oh I should mention that I am Barcelona.

They key to my not so astounding success is my rather astounding tactic. I gave it a proper tweak and mimicked a successful tactic I used with Barca on FM06. Its a pretty rash tactic and I wouldn't recommend it for mediocre teams. Its very offensive(it swears at old people and has 2 ASBOs) with 4 attacking midfielders and a lone striker. Further behind is 1 defensive midfielder and then 4 defenders. I don't need to say there is a goalie do I? Well tough, I have.

Due to me now knowing how to take screenshots(\o/) Here is an excuse to use them.





My team has had no additions to it, mainly because my board is on the rock'n'roll and are only offering me £3.5M for transfers. The current squad I feel is very competent and I'm hoping we can challenge for the League Title. Although I could do with another defender. I need some muscle to dot the I's and cross the T's as I have conceded in every game because of mistakes from Rafael Marquez. I have my eye on Fabio Cannavaro. After his performance in Germany he was labelled the perfect defender. Unfortunately he plays for Madrid and only signed this Summer. If he has a decent season he could possibly be a target for next season.

Further up the field though its a different story. My 5 clinical strikers are firing on all cylinders. I'm sorry but I just cannot leave Gudjohnson out of the frame. Hes really showing his talent. Ronaldinho is as fabulous as ever.

Anyways enough rambling, this article has gone way off topic. Meh, its my article not yours. Aye, so I'm not bored of FM anymore[/fickle]. I think this ones going to be a long one. Hopefully I can get a strong start to the season. I am glad this game has rekindled my love for the game. It only takes a few wins and I am interested again. You can see I am lazy can't you? Anyways, I think I will make this into a story, so when I get the season going Ill post up updates.

Until then have a great night and I hope the New year is a good one for you! Don't get too drunk...

No comments: