Sunday 7 January 2007

Guide To The Scene

Not often I will do an FM guide but I feel like writing this one. Not an FM guide as such, its all about the scene, see I told you it would be about the scene the other day did I not? Well that paragraph ended a bit soon for my liking, so erm. The scene. Its basically a load of lads who have bought FM and somewhere along the line realised they don't need; sleep, human interaction and any other game than FM. That's better, 7 lines.

So, you just, like me got a copy of FM from Santa Clause did you? You have won the league with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and most notably Bolton already have you? Feel you have done really well as a football manager and can take the world on? Well get your ass on Google and type in FM cheats, you know you want to. You haven't discovered the editor yet so if you remember correctly you got the money cheat for GTA on a little place called cheatplanet.com didn't you? Yes you did. Now go on t'net and check it out. Oh, no cheats for FM? Darn it. Why not try Google, Google knows the answer.

So half way between typing Fm Cheats for PC you realise, you don't want to cheat. You want some 'guidance'. Hmm. I wonder if there actually is a little corner of the web dedicated to my lovely, my precious, my world. without hesitation 'football manager tactics' is typed into Google and on the first page, first result is the massive CMFrenzy. There was an article over at FGN about this place. Saying it is n00b friendly and taps into its own little area and is never covered by the scene. Here it is here. Have a read of that, its very good and covers a lot of what I am about to write. So anyway you arrive on CMFrenzy and look around. Have a look around and somewhere on that page there is a line that tells you how many millions of downloads they have. 1,500,000 or there abouts is the sum. Pretty impressive. In fact in terms of hits CMFrenzy is the biggest site on the scene. And there is no surprise as to why. It is the perfect site, extremely n00b friendly and has everything to do with surprise surprise, FM.

Yeah so without straying further from the point; upon finding CMFrenzy you realise that there are people out there like yourself. People who want the best for their sweethearts- FM. The scene is a massive place. You can find anything to do with FM here. Whether you are after the perfect tactic, a new look, or just chat about your experiences with the game, somewhere on the scene there is a place for you.

So lets properly start then. A Guide to the Scene. I will have a run through of the beat place for the following and also tips for becoming a professional 'scener'. So lets have a start with probably the most common search on Google. Tactics...

Tactics
People in pursuit of tactics will probably be first to tell you about FM-Britain. After being on the scene for a short time over a year the site has begun to get a lot more visitors. And rightly so. The tactical guides and tips are amazing. I don't go any further for tactics than little (FM) Britain. Take a look at this tactical guide by Wwfan. Click Here. Look at that. So in depth and about something that is rarely seen n the scene. This site is full of it. A great site and was one of my first on the scene. In fact I have been a member there longer than any other site for FM.

Player/ Team Guides
I cant declare myself as a member of the fan club for Guides. I find them drab pieces of work and don't deserve the title of articles. However when I am stuck for who to be or what to do with a team when i do take over a club i normally refer to these guides. And yo can't go further than throw-in.com for them. The guys at TI make these en mass. About 10 each week, most/ all of them aren't even staff. There is a real feel good factor about this type of written work at throw-in and although they are still lacking obscure teams there is a decent choice of teams and no-where on the scene comes close. Fm-orgy says it will be focusing on guides, we will have to wait and see eh?

Online gaming
Why not indulge in some fm online. Get yourself together with a mate and challenge yourself. I like FM online, pity I never do it due to my ghey IP address. Susie is the place tbf. Playfm.co.uk- an affiliate of Susie was the most complex system for online games on the scene. Now caleyjags site myfmcv is around, I haven't had a proper look around so I don't know what it does exactly. It has been compared to playfm so if your candle is lit with that sort of stuff then check it out.

Graphics
Well I don't know about you but one of the main reasons I hang about the scene is graphics. simple answer to this is Susie. But again the brilliant caleyjag has come up with a brilliant plan. The community downloads project will iron out any competition soon enough but will make graphics more accessible. Until then the mass of graphics makers on Susie cannot be matched.

Forum Atmosphere
Well officially, goal-kick has the best forum feel and community spirit. But tbh that's lies. Argument upon argument rings out and people getting over emotional about the Internet just makes you close the tab for GK. I think that throw-in/ Susie has the best forum atmosphere now. Susie is still I feel a tad elitist and I will never go back there because of an argument several months ago. But its recovering. Still it isn't very n00b friendly and you have to be slightly ghey and like wubbing your mates to fit in. Throw-in however is the model site. Great banter and discussion. The staff are very strict and often a bit dramatic in there running of the forum but they have it right. Everyone fits in and its a very welcoming place.

Articles and Written Word
Well a few moths ago I would of said Fantastics balls. But since Balls came back it has never been itself in my opinion. Rarely is the site updated and I can now get what I want article wise at Footygamer.co.uk. That's all there is to say on the matter really, lots of alternative discussion of FM, great little site.

I cant think/ be bothered to think of what else you need to know about where to go on the scene. If I were to give you a perfect site to go to then I would say throw-in.com. Its my home on the scene so apart from seeing me there daily which is enough reason to join tbh there is everything you need. Good forums, great main site full of content, not a lot of downloads though.

The scene is a very judging place. So you need to behave properly or you will be branded a n00b and get ignored even if you come up with a great plan to make the scene better. Always type in proper English to anyone scene involved. This includes MSN. And if you are making a reply to posts from the following people make sure it is spelled properly and is just a re-arrange of words from their original post;- caleyjag, Fantastic, Footyslayer, Rob, Q, Smiggs. These people are the scene and must be loved from behind at all times. It also makes you look very fly if you agree with these people.

If it happens that these people aren't posting on the forum you are posting on, then that forum is far too crap for you. You must leave and join TI/ Susie immediately. Away from posting habits it helps if you boast about having a world beating LLM game(that's lower league management). It makes you look like a seasoned FM player and even if you lye you will be cool.

Writing articles and guides makes you thought of in high regard from the owner of the site you post it on. at throw-in no matter how bad a guide is team guides and player guides are appreciated and promotes you instantly from n00b to legend. Remember, the scene is full of nasty men, always carry a set of keys to put between your fingers and sleep with your eyes open...

Enjoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol no loving from behind for me thanks, it's not really my thing ;)

smiggs said...

quite right disagree with me and you'll find yourself banished to championshipmanager.co.uk and no ever comes back from there